Thursday, October 8, 2009

He Was

I can't remember
how fast it went
but it happened,
red leaves
stay in their October piles
white snow
melts into the ground and feeds
yellow flowers
casting shadows in the
green grass
SWAP
red leaves
and then that morning
401 people thinking about Descartes
I am at least absolutely certain
the he has failed to perceive anything
for about 500 years,
he was,
therefore he is not,
and my ears stopped working
my mind frantic
looking at the absence
of everything
it pulls out your connection
to anyone
temporarily
you are somewhere else
trying not t o b e
so i hid
from the souls in the soil
in an old brick building
thinking someone's gonna die
several days a week
i forgot to not think about it
and like i said
my ears stop working
when that happens it feels
like floating out of
equilibrium
as if hovering
over a quiet patch of snow
in the darkest month of January
stuck and cold

1 comment:

  1. I am at least absolutely certain
    the he has failed to perceive anything
    for about 500 years,
    he was,
    therefore he is not,




    This is soo great dude the whole thing. Really clear.

    ReplyDelete